Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org> on 2014/03/27 21:39:50 UTC

[DISCUSS] Javascript dependencies location and bower

Currently the javascript dependencies we use within our source are
committed in three locations, this is the only bundled source type we
included within our source tree and currently we are required to maintain
each in the LICENSE file.

To help simplify managing the LICENSE file I would like to propose

1. Move all javascript dependencies into 3rdparty/javascript/ to simplify
tracking of these within the LICENSE file. (I think this should be the
initial approach and look into #2 if we want to introduce npm as a build
dependency)

2. We remove all javascript dependencies from the source tree and use bower
to handle these dependencies. As part of the initial build process we would
then check for npm and install the javascript components.

Thoughts?

-Jake

Re: [DISCUSS] Javascript dependencies location and bower

Posted by Suman Karumuri <ma...@apache.org>.
Thanks Jake. Will take a look once I am done with the UI refactor.

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
They are

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.
I'm open to either approach.  If we can install npm 'on-demand' like we do
with gradle and thrift, that probably makes sense.  I vote for the route
that distracts us less to getting to the first release.

-=Bill

Posted by Suman Karumuri <ma...@apache.org>.
#1 happens.