Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by tk0485 <tk...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/10 13:45:37 UTC

how to set read/write permissions on ActiveMQ?

I'm new to ActiveMQ so please bear with me if my question seem dumb :D

I have installed activemq on a CentOS machine and I'm connecting to it for
writing to the qeueue and consuming from the queue through the admin user
(which I dont think its the ideal way). I'm wondering if I can create a user
for read only to read (consume) from the queue and another user for write
only or just a single user who has read/write privileges only so this user
wont be able to delete the queue or do anything that its not supposed to do.

I tried youtube and checked out activemq security documentation which talks
about simple plugin and tried it but I'm not sure if I'm doing the right
thing or reading the right resource?

Thanks in advance!