Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org> on 2007/02/26 06:01:28 UTC

Messed up SVN install on our zone...

Hrm.  So apparently on spamassassin.zones.apache.org::

$ which svn
/opt/subversion-1.1.4/bin/svn

but

$ svn --version
svn, version 1.4.3 (r23084)
   compiled Feb 25 2007, 04:34:40
[...]

which is interesting because:

$ svnversion --version
svnversion, version 1.1.4 (r13838)
   compiled May  2 2005, 19:37:43

So it appears someone has messed up the SVN install on the zone.  This is
breaking the SpamAssassin zone's nightly cronjobs since "svn" upgraded the
working copies to 1.4, and then the 1.1.4 binaries can't use them. :(

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
It is pitch black.

Re: Messed up SVN install on our zone...

Posted by John Tobin <to...@cs.tcd.ie>.
On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 10:27:25AM +0000, Justin Mason wrote:
> > Can you change you PATH to use /opt/subversion-1.4.3/bin instead
> > of /opt/subversion-1.1.4/bin ?
>
> This should be possible, but will take some work... there are a lot of
> independent scripts/cron jobs that use SVN. :(

If you can change it, and it won't affect too many other things, you can
set a PATH from cron to use in /etc/default/cron and it will be passed
on to all jobs.

--
John Tobin
"You're also just providing a selection pressure towards pigeons with

Re: Messed up SVN install on our zone...

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org> writes:

> So it appears someone has messed up the SVN install on the zone.  This is
> breaking the SpamAssassin zone's nightly cronjobs since "svn" upgraded the
> working copies to 1.4, and then the 1.1.4 binaries can't use them. :(

Can you change you PATH to use /opt/subversion-1.4.3/bin instead
of /opt/subversion-1.1.4/bin ?

--
Joe Schaefer