Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Maas <pe...@noterik.nl> on 2003/12/01 22:54:09 UTC

Include tag, dynamic param

In the documentation for the include tag I read that something like:

        <jsp:include page="slideEvents.jsp" flush="true" >
            <jsp:param name="BroadcastId" value="{parameterValue |
<%=BroadcastId%>}"/>
        </jsp:include>

Should work...

This compiles / and runs... but the expression is never evaluated....

how does this work??

gr,

Peter

Re: Include tag, dynamic param

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
2 things
1) Are you trying to use el? If so you need a $ in front of {. You also need
your web.xml to state that you are using el.
2) For the RT expression - make sure you tag lib declaration allows runtime
expressions.

For both of the above - there are plenty of net articles on the specifics of
how this is done.

-Tim

Posted by Peter Maas <pe...@noterik.nl>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@comcast.net>.
Peter,

>        <jsp:include page="slideEvents.jsp" flush="true" >
>            <jsp:param name="BroadcastId" value="{parameterValue |
> <%=BroadcastId%>}"/>          </jsp:include>
>
> Should work...
>
> This compiles / and runs... but the expression is never evaluated....

What do you get in the page source when it runs?

Do you get "<jsp:param name="BroadcastId" value="{parameterValue | <%=
BroadcastId %>}" />"

??

If so, then something is terribly wrong. If you get the include okay,
but the value of "BroadcastId" is
"{parameterValue | <%= BroadcastId %>}", then something else is wrong :(

Finally, if you are getting "{parameterValue | 1234}" as the value of
BroadcastId, then it is working as designed.

-chris