Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jack Park <ja...@sri.com> on 2007/04/10 20:23:16 UTC

Test failure compiling against Lucene 2.1.0

The following trace is occuring both when building directly from svn on
Lucene 2.0.0, and after hand-installing jcr-1.0.jar (which failed to
download) and Lucene 2.1.0, which isn't in maven yet. It's clear that
the compile failure (running unit tests) is not associated with which
Lucene is involved.

* * * * * * * *
Running org.apache.jackrabbit.test.TestAll
[Fatal Error] :1:10: Attribute name "is" associated with an element type
"this"
must be followed by the ' = ' character.
[Fatal Error] :1:10: Attribute name "is" associated with an element type
"this"
must be followed by the ' = ' character.
[Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file.
[Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file.
* * * * * * * *

The failure appears to occur in
SetValueVersionExceptionTest.testNode()
where the String nodeType3 = getProperty("nodetype3");
is null.
Seems like a property named "nodetype3" is not being built. I see no
particular nodetype3 in repositoryStubImpl.properties that associates
itself with this test.

If I hand substitute nt:hierarchyNode  or jcr:content (both wild-ass
guesses), I see the same failure.

I'd appreciate any insight here. I instrumented
AbstractJCRTest.getProperty() but it's called so many times (apparently
successfully) that there's no hint why it failed to return "nodetype3"

Many thanks in advance.
Jack

Re: Test failure compiling against Lucene 2.1.0

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@sri.com>.
Issue self-resolved when compiling from the distribution rather than
subversion. No problems running against Lucene 2.1.0 after tweaking
PersistentIndex.

Jack