Posted to dev@lens.apache.org by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/12 19:42:55 UTC

[DISCUSS] Initial work on Drill Jdbc for Lens

Hi All,
I have started exploring Drill Jdbc for Lens and wanted to check everyone's
thoughts on how we can use Drill in our Lens ecosystem.

Couple of things about Drill-

Drill does not support full JDBC support. The SQL support for Drill is
currently limited at [1]. I have written couple of test cases for SELECT
scenarios which work great, and am yet to check the CREATE statements. Also
the format of Drill SQL query slightly varies with how we select a data
source. Attaching a sample query below [2], We might need some rewriting to
form Drill compatible SQL.

Have posted an initial patch for review [3] for playing around and to check
your thoughts.

Regards

1. https://drill.apache.org/docs/supported-sql-commands/
2. SELECT * FROM cp.`employee.json` LIMIT 20
3. https://reviews.apache.org/r/37402/