Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo> on 2006/06/18 04:15:11 UTC

easymock

> Oops! Now I know what Kent was talking about in regard to easymock...We're
> upgraded now!

Do we really want to upgrade? As Hivemind 1.1 is using easymock 1.1, I think
we should stick to 1.1. What do you think?

--
Author of a book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)

Re: easymock

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Yeah there is no problem with our jar definitions.

The only incompatible change is elimination of setReturnValue. This is
mostly a "good thing" though, as you get to pretty much eliminate having to
know about MockControl objects altogether. Everything is overall much much
better.

Re: easymock

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'm all in favor of moving towards TestNG and EasyMock 2.0.  That's what I
use for all my non-Tapestry-4 work.

On 6/18/06, James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:

> If HiveMindTestCase doesn't need to change to compile, then everything
> should be okay.  We're marking the easymock jar as optional in our
> pom.  So,
> if you provide another one that's newer and HiveMindTestCase still works,
> it
> should be good to go.

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

RE: easymock

RE: easymock

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: easymock

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
To support Jesse here, I'm also a TestNG believer. It contains a huge number
of features, well beyong Junit, and it's well though out and has reasonable
IDE plugins.  It also supports JDK 1.4 if you like, via an xdoclet kind of
approach.

Re: easymock

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Re: easymock

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: easymock

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Jesse Kuhnert <jkuhnert <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I should probably have been more vocal about what I was doing, didn't know
> other cooks were coming into the kitchen. Not sure how everyone else feels,
> but can't imagine hivemind has ~more~ unit tests than tapestry - so maybe
> they would like to upgrade as well ? ;) (theoretically we should be
> independent in that regard besides the HivemindTestCase cross-over ? )

Well, I think in a classloader we can't have two versions of the same
lib. Either Tapestry or Hivemind will be confused.

> As long as we're on the subject, I should warn everyone that I also
> plan/would like to change our unit tests to use TestNG as well.

Thanks for the prior warning :-)

--
Author of a book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)

Re: easymock