Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Jeyhun Karimov <je...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/22 14:45:22 UTC

Re: Contributor access

Thanks for info Denis.

One thing I mentioned, there is lack of discussion in PR threads and people
keep pushing (not merging) new commits without any reviews or reviewers'
comments.
For example, if I want to look at some PR, in most of them (at least the
ones I checked) there will be bunch of commits, no comments of reviewers,
no discussion and at the end issue is closed.
Is this normal in Ignite community?

Cheers,
Jeyhun

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 8:01 AM Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Jeyhun,
>
> Looks like you were added to the contributor’s list before. So you’re set.
> Go ahead and pick a ticket of interest.
>
> Below you can find information that might be useful for you.
>
> Get familiar with Ignite development process described here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Development+Process
>
> Instructions on how to contribute can be found here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute
>
> Project setup in Intellij IDEAL
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Project+Setup
>
> Once you got familiar and were able to run a few examples, you should pick
> a Jira ticket you would like to start on. Send an email to the dev list, so
> we can add you as a contributor in Jira.
>
> These are the easy tickets to start with:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4549?jql=project%20%3D%20IGNITE%20AND%20labels%20in%20(newbie)%20and%20status%20%3D%20OPEN
>
> While those are more advanced but appealing:
> https://ignite.apache.org/community/contribute.html#pick-ticket <
> https://ignite.apache.org/community/contribute.html#pick-ticket>
>
> —
> Denis
>
> > On Feb 22, 2017, at 3:34 PM, Jeyhun Karimov <je...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Ignite community,
> >
> > Can you please grant me (jeyhunkarimov) contributor access so that I can
> > assign Ignite jira issues to myself ?
> >
> > -Best
> > Jeyhun
> > --