Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Fabrice FOUREL <ff...@bk-consulting.com> on 2002/11/19 18:07:47 UTC

Stxx+Tiles

Does anybody knows if there's a simple method to integrate Stxx and Tiles.
I'd like to use XSL instead of JSP.

The first problem is the common inheritance of ActionServlet by
com.oroad.stxx.action.ActionServlet for Stxx and
org.apache.struts.tiles.ActionComponentServlet for Tiles.
I tried to change the inheritance of Stxx's ActionServlet to the Tiles
ActionServlet and my main definition looks like this :
	<definition name="oursite.master" path="/jsp/layouts/layout.jsp">
		<put name="title" value="Our Site 1.0"/>
		<put name="header" value="/jsp/common/header.jsp"/>
		<put name="menu" value="/jsp/common/menu.jsp"/>
		<put name="body" value="/index.do"/>
		<put name="footer" value="/jsp/common/footer.jsp"/>
	</definition>
Here is the Stxx action :
       <action path="/index" type="com.oroad.stxx.example.IndexAction"
scope="request">
            <forward name="success">
                <transform name="default" path="/index.xsl"/>
            </forward>
        </action>

But i get an IllegalStateExcpetion caused by the response.getOutputStream()
call in the TransformerHandler.processActionTransform() method.
Any idea or refactoring to rendre a XSL Tiles ?

Fabrice Fourel