Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Raghavendra Prabhu <rr...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/07 14:36:09 UTC

nutch-0.8 on local - disk space

When we run the latest release of nutch for a local system,

For each job it creates a submit job and there is a job.jar and a job.xmlfile

But when run on a local machine, we can manage with a single job.jar file.
The job.jar is the same in all the directories but the job.xml file may
differ

So why dont we have a single instance of job.jar instead of it being
cluttered with job.jar files all around which consume huge diskspace

Is'nt this waste of diskspace

Or Am i missing something here?

But as far as i looked at, this seemed to be not needed.

Rgds
Prabhu