Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com> on 2018/07/23 17:19:10 UTC

Announcing; Apache Hadoop 2.7.7

I'm pleased to announce Apache Hadoop 2.7.7

This is primarliy a security release to address CVE-2018-8009; other issues are linked off the release JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-15509

Until I can rebuild the site this release isn't linked to off the home page, but:

1. Artifacts are available at : http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/hadoop/common/hadoop-2.7.7/

2. The Maven artifacts are up on the central repository: just set the dependency version to 2.7.7.

3. If you want to check out and build it yourself, the signed git commit is: e446276a9ad

Because it is a security release, we recommend everyone running Hadoop 2.7.6 in a secure environment upgrade (*)

Thanks

-Steve

(*) If you are running a Hadoop cluster with Kerberos turned off it is moot: you have no security. Please: accept and embrace Kerberos.