Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Oro smith <or...@sify.com> on 2004/07/01 15:42:37 UTC

error.log

This is the error seen in error.log when a link is clicked.

Can someone throw light on this and suggest a possible solution please?

thanks in advance.

ERROR   (2004-07-01) 18:27.34:243   [sitemap.action.mail] (/mail/mail/logout.wml) PoolThread-4/MailAction: Cannot get store, and connect null
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:393)
        at org.apache.cocoon.mail.MailAction.getURLNameExpanded(MailAction.java:243)
        at org.apache.cocoon.mail.MailAction.act(MailAction.java:187)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActTypeNode.invoke(ActTypeNode.java:152)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:164)

Re: error.log

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 01.07.2004 15:42, Oro smith wrote:

> This is the error seen in error.log when a link is clicked.
>
> Can someone throw light on this and suggest a possible solution please?
>
> thanks in advance.
>

> ERROR   (2004-07-01) 18:27.34:243   [sitemap.action.mail] (/mail/mail/logout.wml) PoolThread-4/MailAction: Cannot get store, and connect null
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:393)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.mail.MailAction.getURLNameExpanded(MailAction.java:243)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.mail.MailAction.act(MailAction.java:187)

Hashtable throws NPE if either key or value is null for put(key, value).
As the key is hardcoded in the source the value must be null in your
case. Both are read from request:
         String userid = request.getParameter("mail-userid");
         String password = request.getParameter("mail-password");
I don't know what exactly this means at the end as I only looked at the
code. It seems you simply have to provide also these two request parameters.

Joerg