Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2005/09/03 05:25:24 UTC

Saxon and cforms revisited

Hi:

I just wanted to do a test drive with saxon 8.5.1.  I configured saxon
in the current branch 2.1.8-dev (r267217 - 2005-09-02 09:54:23) . The
system is able to process pages, when there is no cforms code inside. I
was unable to see a simple cforms working. :-(

I need to said that the whole system works perfectly with xalan. No
errors at all. But with saxon it fails!

The interesting thing is that saxon works without problems here:

<map:match pattern="test-a">
        <map:generate type="file" src="a.xml"/>
       <map:transform type="xslt" src="object.xsl" />
    <map:serialize/>
 </map:match>

Note, I saved the a.xml from the output of the original pipeline:

<map:match pattern="test-original">
        <map:generate type="jx" src="pattern.xml">
          <map:parameter name="a" value="1"/>
          <map:parameter name="b" value="2"/>
    </map:generate>
    <map:transform type="xinclude"/>
    <!-- Here I placed a xml serializer to get the a.xml file -->
    <map:transform type="xslt" src="object.xsl" />
    <map:serialize/>
 </map:match>

This pipeline fails with message:

net.sf.saxon.trans.DynamicError: Cannot output a namespace node for the
default namespace when the element is in no namespace

In the xslt page the offending code is the last template matcher:

    <xsl:template match="@*|node()" priority="-1">
        <xsl:copy>
        </xsl:copy>
    </xsl:template>

Somebody already met a similar trouble?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: Saxon and cforms revisited

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I just wanted to do a test drive with saxon 8.5.1.  I configured saxon
> in the current branch 2.1.8-dev (r267217 - 2005-09-02 09:54:23) . The
> system is able to process pages, when there is no cforms code inside.
> I was unable to see a simple cforms working. :-(
>
> I need to said that the whole system works perfectly with xalan. No
> errors at all. But with saxon it fails!
>
> The interesting thing is that saxon works without problems here:
>
> <map:match pattern="test-a">
>        <map:generate type="file" src="a.xml"/>
>       <map:transform type="xslt" src="object.xsl" />
>    <map:serialize/>
> </map:match>
>
> Note, I saved the a.xml from the output of the original pipeline:
>
> <map:match pattern="test-original">
>        <map:generate type="jx" src="pattern.xml">
>          <map:parameter name="a" value="1"/>
>          <map:parameter name="b" value="2"/>
>    </map:generate>
>    <map:transform type="xinclude"/>
>    <!-- Here I placed a xml serializer to get the a.xml file -->
>    <map:transform type="xslt" src="object.xsl" />
>    <map:serialize/>
> </map:match>
>
> This pipeline fails with message:
>
> net.sf.saxon.trans.DynamicError: Cannot output a namespace node for
> the default namespace when the element is in no namespace
>
> In the xslt page the offending code is the last template matcher:
>
>    <xsl:template match="@*|node()" priority="-1">
>        <xsl:copy>
>            <xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()"/>
>        </xsl:copy>
>    </xsl:template>
>
> Somebody already met a similar trouble?

Hmm... start/endPrefixMapping mess again?

Can you place a LogTransformer after the JXTG (or CInclude) and see if
there are any problems there?

Sylvain