Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2009/01/01 17:13:00 UTC

Re: Tabs to 4 spaces

I will eventually do that later when the BigDecimal branch will have been merged

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: Tabs to 4 spaces

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Done, rev. 737003

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: Tabs to 4 spaces

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Done, rev. 737003

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: Tabs to 4 spaces

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes Bilgin, that's true indeed. I will let them like that...

Thanks

Jacques

From: "Bilgin Ibryam" <bi...@iguanait.com>

Re: Tabs to 4 spaces

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.

Re: Tabs to 4 spaces

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "David E Jones" <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>
> Trying to use this literally, the interpretation is: indent with 4  spaces, and don't ever use tabs.
>
> It says: "Four spaces should be used as the unit of indentation. The  exact construction of the indentation (spaces vs. tabs) is
> unspecified. Tabs must be set exactly every 8 spaces (not 4)."
>
> If tabs must be set exactly 8 spaces, how can you use that to indent 4  spaces? Only use a tab to represent two levels of
> indentation? This  part of it is really poorly worded, and who knows what they were  trying to express.

I think that the idea is to show tabs by indenting them twice in the editor. Itdoes not mean that you will save them as 8 spaces.
Hence this allows you to more easily spot tabs in code and replace them with 4 spaces.

My 2cts

Jacques

Re: Tabs to 4 spaces

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.