Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by John <jd...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/14 18:19:24 UTC

Bookmarkable fallback ajax link

Hi,

I want googlebot to be able to see content that is shown to normal
browsers using ajax.  I use a fallback ajax link but because googlebot
does not use sessions the links need to be bookmarkable.  The problem
seems to be because the link contains an ajax behaviour it is
considered stateful.

Is there anyway to achieve this?

thanks,

John

Re: Bookmarkable fallback ajax link

Posted by John Patterson <jd...@gmail.com>.
I have already tried setting the stateless hint to true, which is the same as
using a Bookmarkable link.  The problem is that if any behaviour has a
stateless hint of false, it overrides your links hint.

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Posted by John Patterson <jd...@gmail.com>.
I guess, like you say, it would not be so useful.  I was thinking that when
googlebot reads the link and comes back to index the page a week later it
would not get a Page Expired message if the link was bookmarkable.  But
probably best to only index the original page anyway and provide another way
for google to index the content on a bookmarkable page (without requiring a
session).

Thanks,

John.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Patterson <jd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Patterson <jd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
But you don't want URLs with jsessionid in Google's results.  Multiple
people can come into your site with the same session.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.