Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Joy Gao <jo...@wepay.com.INVALID> on 2018/06/19 04:52:18 UTC

CDC and TTL

Hi all!

I recently started to look into Cassandra CDC implementation. One question
that occurred to me is how/if TTL is handled for CDC. For example, If I
insert some data with TTL enabled and expiring in 60 seconds, will CDC be
aware of these changes 60 seconds later when the TTL expired? If not, then
the cdc consumer won't know that the data has actually been deleted. A
related question is where in the life cycle are expired TTLs getting
detected and marked with tombstone? I am aware that during compaction,
cells marked with tombstones will be deleted, but not sure if compaction
will also look for cells with expired TTLs to mark them with tombstone?

Cheers,
Joy