Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "M. Darrin Tisdale" <ti...@darrintisdale.com> on 2001/07/02 02:45:30 UTC

RE: [tomcat-user] The null thingee. I know it was discused before.

The most often cause of "the null thingee" is that you have not properly
configured the connection between apache and tomcat correctly.  A few simple
simple things:

Make sure the server.xml doc is configured right.  I always check the
contexts on 8080 to make sure the JVM is running and that the servlets/JSPs
load appropriately.

Make sure the httpd.conf file is configured with the correct connections into
Tomcat.  Are you using ajp12 or ajp13?  Are they all set up right?  Check the
documentation again, just to be safe.

Lastly, after you start tomcat, do you restart the apache process?  Most
important step there.  Apache opens a socket and keeps it open to tomcat.  If
you cycle tomcat, you need to cycle apache as well.

--

. . . tizzy
L'enfers, c'est les autres.