Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Paul Curren <pc...@cisco.com> on 2003/05/01 00:07:14 UTC

Multi-page form validator

Howdy,

Has anyone had success with the Struts rc1 Validator for multi-page forms?

My problem is that no validation is applied when I give the field
element a page attribute. If I remove the page attribute validation
happens though. There's no logging I can see of any relevance either.

An example rule I have is -

<form name="subscriberDetailsForm">
        <field page="2" property="cardExpiry" depends="required,date">
            <arg0 key="subscriber.card.expiry"/>
              <var>
                <var-name>datePattern</var-name>
                <var-value>MM/yyyy</var-value>
              </var>
        </field>
<snip>

The associated JSP has a form element indicating the page like -
(and it is within an <html:form>)

...and the form is a org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm in
which I haven't explicitly configured a page property because the
javadocs indicate it's already there.

Any idea's or does anyone have an example they can give where it does work?

Cheers,

Paul C

Re: Multi-page form validator

Posted by Paul Curren <pc...@cisco.com>.
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, even with me declaring the
page property on my bean, the validation is not taking place.

I'm avoiding nightly builds, so I guess I'll just wait for a fix on the
next release candidate (or release! :-)

Paul C

Posted by Dennis Muhlestein <de...@zserve.com>.