Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Zhanfeng Huo <hu...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/03 20:00:13 UTC

How can I start history-server with kerberos HDFS ?

Hi,

    I have seted properties in conf/spark-defaults.conf  and start with command "./sbin/start-history-server.sh /tmp/spark-events". It get errors and seems that the properties in spark-defaults.conf  file doesn't effect.  How can I solve this problem(Enable properties in spark-defaults.conf when start spark history-server) ?

   14/09/04 01:44:04 WARN NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
14/09/04 01:44:05 WARN UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:root (auth:KERBEROS) cause:javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]
14/09/04 01:44:05 WARN Client: Exception encountered while connecting to the server : javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]
14/09/04 01:44:05 WARN UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:root (auth:KERBEROS) cause:java.io.IOException: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Failed on local exception: java.io.IOException: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]; Host Details :

    #history-server
    spark.history.kerberos.enabled true
    park.history.kerberos.principal test/spark@test
    spark.history.kerberos.keytab /home/test/test_spark.keytab
    spark.eventLog.enabled true

Zhanfeng Huo

Re: Re: How can I start history-server with kerberos HDFS ?

Posted by Zhanfeng Huo <hu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your help.

It works after setting SPARK_HISTORY_OPTS.

Zhanfeng Huo

From: Andrew Or
Date: 2014-09-04 07:52
To: Marcelo Vanzin
CC: Zhanfeng Huo; user
Subject: Re: How can I start history-server with kerberos HDFS ?
Hi Zhanfeng,

You will need to set these through SPARK_HISTORY_OPTS in conf/spark-env.sh. This is documented here: http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/monitoring.html.

Let me know if you have it working,
-Andrew

The history server (and other Spark daemons) do not read
spark-defaults.conf. There's a bug open to implement that
(SPARK-2098), and an open PR to fix it, but it's still not in Spark.

--
Marcelo

Re: How can I start history-server with kerberos HDFS ?

Posted by Andrew Or <an...@databricks.com>.
Hi Zhanfeng,

.

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.