Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by chago <na...@visualxs.com> on 2007/11/19 19:33:21 UTC

Error while adding a new partition

I am trying to add a partition that is dc=mydomain,dc=com

I have added the following to the spring configuration:

    <property name="partitionConfigurations">
      <set>
        <ref bean="examplePartitionConfiguration"/>
        <ref bean="mydomainPartitionConfiguration"/>
      </set>
    </property>

  <bean id="mydomainPartitionConfiguration"
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableBTreePartitionConfiguration">
    <property name="id" value="mydomain" />
    <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
    <property name="suffix" value="dc=mydomain,dc=com" />
    <property name="partitionClassName"

value="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmPartition"
/>
    <property name="optimizerEnabled" value="true" />
    <property name="synchOnWrite" value="true" />
    <property name="indexedAttributes">...</property>
    <property name="contextEntry">
      <value>
        objectClass: top
        objectClass: domain
        objectClass: extensibleObject
        dc: mydomain
      </value>
    </property>
  </bean>

Here is the exception I am receiving at server startup:
[13:25:25] ERROR [org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper] - Failed on
null.init(InstallationLayout, String[])
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapNameNotFoundException:
0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=mydomain,0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=com
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.DefaultPartitionNexus.getPartition(DefaultPartitionNexus.java:1114)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.DefaultPartitionNexus.search(DefaultPartitionNexus.java:970)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.referral.ReferralService.init(ReferralService.java:285)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.register0(InterceptorChain.java:473)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.register(InterceptorChain.java:393)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.init(InterceptorChain.java:258)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.initialize(DefaultDirectoryService.java:1006)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.startup(DefaultDirectoryService.java:255)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.jndi.AbstractContextFactory.getInitialContext(AbstractContextFactory.java:124)
	at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.directory.server.Service.init(Service.java:97)
	at org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper.callInit(Bootstrapper.java:151)
	at
org.apache.directory.daemon.TanukiBootstrapper.start(TanukiBootstrapper.java:55)
	at
org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperManager$12.run(WrapperManager.java:2788)

FWIW, the mydomain partition is created on the hard disk.

Anyone know what might be wrong?

-- jim

Re: Error while adding a new partition

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On Nov 19, 2007 5:24 PM, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> wrote:
> You can have the following:
>
>      foo.com
>      bar.com
>      bar.bar.com

Ooooops the above is not legal (doh!):

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> You can have the following:
>
>      foo.com
>      bar.com
>      bar.bar.com
>      example.com
>      www.zipit.com
>
> You cannot have:
>
>      example.com
>      www.example.com
>
> Basically a partition's root entry (at the suffix) presently cannot
> subordinate to anything but the nexus.  I hope we can change that at
> some point.  I filed a JIRA on this.

I _thought_ it was possible to have such a configuration. At least, I'm
pretty sure that I coded the partition cache in order to accept such a
subordinate partition, but I guess it's not enough... I should have
added some tests :/

The current documentation (would the wiki be up and running :/ )
describe such a configuration, AFAIR.

Emmanuel.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny

[...]