Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Hayri <vo...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/01 14:17:23 UTC

How to use search index while indexing

Hi,

I want to search an index and at the same time continue to my indexing.
ParallelReader doesn't solve my problem.
It is obvious that I am not searching multiple indexes at the same time.
How can I build a document based lock, more over
I don't want to open and close and index every time while writing.
Merging new index with the old one seems really time
consuming and also I want to search the new index.

Is it possible? Please give hints...

Re: How to use search index while indexing

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure that I understand the question.  Can you not use a
searcher based on the reader returned by IndexWriter.getReader() to
determine if the doc is already in the index?

Or just use IndexWriter.updateDocument to save or replace as appropriate.

--
Ian.

Posted by Hayri <vo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@gmail.com>.