Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Matulis <PM...@zaq.com> on 2001/11/01 17:06:05 UTC

receiving requests from remote apache server

Hi gang,

I have always put Apache and Tomcat on the same machine.  Now, I want to
have them live on separate systems.  So my question is, when Apache receives
a request, via mod_jk, how do I direct it to my remote Tomcat server(s)?

Peter

Re: receiving requests from remote apache server

Posted by Steve Brunton <br...@dweeb.turner.com>.
Peter Matulis wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> I have always put Apache and Tomcat on the same machine.  Now, I want to
> have them live on separate systems.  So my question is, when Apache receives
> a request, via mod_jk, how do I direct it to my remote Tomcat server(s)?

 I would assume that you would change the :

worker.ajp13.host=localhost

from localhost to the remote machine that is now running tomcat in the
workers.properties file that is specfied when you setup mod_jk in the
Apache
config side of things (JkWorkersFile
/opt/tomcat/conf/jk/workers.properties
).

--
Steve Brunton   <br...@dweeb.turner.com>  Phone: 404-827-2756
Chief Engineer Enterprise Systems    One CNN Center, Atlanta GA