Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Wang, Hailong (NIH/CIT) [C]" <wa...@mail.nih.gov> on 2007/06/08 20:03:03 UTC

setOperationContext does not get a chance to run

Hi,

My setOperationContext function does not get a chance to run. Is there
anyone ever has same problem? Thanks.

Hailong Wang

National Database for Autism Research(NDAR)

NIH/CIT/DECA (MOM CONTRACTOR)

9000 Rockville Pike, Bld 12A/Room 2027

Bethesda, MD 20892

Phone:  301-402-3045

Fax:       301-480-0028

Email:   wangh3@mail.nih.gov

Re: [Axis2][Rampart]setOperationContext does not get a chance to run

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
IMHO it involves a bit of changes to WSS4J core. I'll try to get this
fixed in the next release :-)

Thanks,
Ruchith

www.ruchith.org
www.wso2.org

Re: [Axis2][Rampart]setOperationContext does not get a chance to run

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.

www.ruchith.org
www.wso2.org

Re: [Axis2][Rampart]setOperationContext does not get a chance to run

Posted by Chad DeBauch <cd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Chad ,
What I told was , Message context is available to security handler , and
security handler is the one who call PasswordCallback , so that handler
should pass the MC to the PasswordCallback.

Thanks
Deepal
> Thanks Deepal for your response.  If I understand you correctly it is
> possible to get the MessageContext from within the PasswordCallback.
> Can you give an example?
>
> Thanks
> Chad
>
> On 6/11/07, *Deepal Jayasinghe* <deepal@opensource.lk
> <ma...@opensource.lk>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Chad ,
>     > With Axis1 this was possible by calling
>     > MessageContext.getCurrentContext();  This doesn't appear to be
>     > possible in Axis2, is that right?
>     It does , but only for the service impl class, not for others.
>     Since all
>     the handlers have access to message context directly.
>
>     Thanks
>     Deepal

Deepal

Re: setOperationContext does not get a chance to run

Posted by Chad DeBauch <cd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Chad ,

Posted by Chad DeBauch <cd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Chad ,
As I know PasswordCallback class is called inside the DoAllreciver
handler in the security module and that handler has access to the
message context , so it should do is provide a way to access the
MessageContext inside the PasswordCallback.

Thanks
Deepal

Posted by Chad DeBauch <cd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.