Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2008/01/06 04:33:12 UTC

[S2] Action-specific interceptor config sanity check needed.

Howdy,

<action name="foo" class="...">
  <interceptor-ref name="defaultStack">
    <param name="alias.aliases">#{'cool': 'map'}</param>
  </interceptor-ref>
  ... etc ...
</action>

Generates an NPE on startup.

If I switch to:

<action name="foo" class="...">
  <interceptor-ref name="alias"/>
  <interceptor-ref name="basicStack"/>
  <param name="aliases">#{'cool' : 'map'}</param>
  <result type="redirect-action">alias1_input</result>
</action>

it works as expected.

Note that if I use "defaultStack" instead of "basicStack" in the second
example it breaks, but at runtime w/ an OGNL exception.

I'm assuming I'm doing something dorky, because I'm sick and tired, but I
sure don't know what it is yet, so a hint would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: [S2] Action-specific interceptor config sanity check needed.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Never mind :(

(Apparently actually reading the stack trace can be handy sometimes.)

Don't like it, though, and if nobody has any strenuous objections, I'd like
to fix it.