Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com> on 2002/05/02 18:35:25 UTC

Velocity Interpretation Bug?

Hi All,

If I have the following lines in a template:

    #set($test = "We're not expecting it to come up this way")
    $test<br>

I get a display as follows:

    We?re not expecting it to come up this way

The apostrophe is converted to a question mark (presumably meaning Velocity doesn't know how to interpret it).  Is this a bug and if so, is there some workaround?

Regards,

Terry

PS: I seem to recall that there may be a couple of other characters that also result in the question mark.

Re: Velocity Interpretation Bug?

Posted by Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>.
Geir,

Thanks very much for your help.  The problem appears to have been fixed by
including, as you suggested, the following in my velocity properties file:

input.encoding=UTF-8
output.encoding=UTF-8

Best regards,

Terry

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Velocity Interpretation Bug?

Posted by Denis <ji...@respublica.fr>.
What came in mind too was Terry, what tool do you use to write the
template?
(Hint: Microsoft Word is not the most appropriate choice!... ;-))

-- Denis.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>.