Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Milinda Pathirage <mp...@umail.iu.edu> on 2014/02/15 04:38:31 UTC

Benchmarking Storm

Hi Devs,

I am trying to benchmark Storm. Currently I am trying to benchmark
RollingTopWords in storm-starter project. But I am not sure about the
best way to generate enough word stream. I tried reducing sleep time
of TestWordSpout and increasing number of instances of the
TestWordSpout. Is this the correct approach or is there any other
better way? Please let me know if any if you has a better idea.

Also I am not sure how to count number of tuples per second. Is it
okay to just get the number of tuples emitted by first layers of
bolts? For example emitted number for RollingCountBolt in
RollingTopWords sample and calculate approximate TPS based on that.

Thanks
Milinda

--
Milinda Pathirage