Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Jeremy Peterson <jp...@acentek.net> on 2015/06/25 17:35:17 UTC

IP address troubles CS 4.5.1

I am in the process of moving some servers into cloudstack and to get the servers connected to each other I build the guest network and it acquired a public ip from the pool I have setup.  All is good and well until the day comes to where I need to cut the public ip address over to the new server.  I went into infrastructure zones networks public and ip ranges.  From there I entered all my correct information and added it to the correct account and boom now that IP address is assigned to that one account.  Now I went intot he network and was able to Acquire New IP and that gave me the correct IP.  So that all worked now I want to remove the old IP the first IP it was assigned.  I figured I'd click on the IP and a Release IP button would show up and off to the races.  Nope.

So my question is since I cannot find an answer for it.  How do I change the newly Acquired IP to be the only IP address?

The virtual router has eth3 with the new ip address I could just ifdown eth2 and change the default route in there but that does not clean it up.
Jeremy Peterson

RE: IP address troubles CS 4.5.1

Posted by Vadim Kimlaychuk <Va...@Elion.ee>.
Hello Jeremy,

	I didn't clearly understand the problem. Did you have public IP range x.x.x.x and would like to change it to y.y.y.y?  General rule of thumb -- you should register new network and assign new VIF to VM from this new net. Then make it "default" for the VM and then you can remove old interface with old IP address.  Upon removal old IP will be released automatically.  Replacing IP address range on old infrastructure without re-creating VR-s usually does not work or works until the first reboot :).

Regards,

Vadim.