Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@ebuilt.com> on 2001/05/04 01:56:39 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/docroot index.html.en

>   Conversion to XHTML.
>   The plan is to continue converting the rest of the docs to XHTML, so if you
>   have any objections, please voice them now on apache-docs.

No objection to the conversion, but please remove the following line

>   +<meta name="generator" content="HTML Tidy, see www.w3.org" />

Useless bits don't belong in every response.

....Roy

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/docroot index.html.en

Posted by James Sutherland <ja...@cam.ac.uk>.
On Thu, 3 May 2001, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> >   Conversion to XHTML.
> >   The plan is to continue converting the rest of the docs to XHTML, so if you
> >   have any objections, please voice them now on apache-docs.
>
> No objection to the conversion, but please remove the following line
>
> >   +<meta name="generator" content="HTML Tidy, see www.w3.org" />
>
> Useless bits don't belong in every response.

Doh! Yes - I stripped that out by hand, but then rebuilt the patch and
forget to take it out again - if someone could go ahead and patch that
line out, please??

--
Old programmers never die.  They just branch to a new address.
	-- BSD fortune file