Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Albert <zi...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/12 12:05:46 UTC

store rfc/review documents in code base

Hi all,
    It seems difficult to find the review documents in google document,
it's scattered around everywhere in the PRs issues etc. I maintained some
link collections myself for reference. there are issues on the project
finding these documents as well.
    can those review documents be put into the code base as well ?
important design results are sometimes more important than code. I guess
the process can still happen on the doc, but at last we should put the
result in the code base for future reference.

     any thoughts? thanks a lot.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
no mistakes

Re: store rfc/review documents in code base

Posted by Rajarshi Sarkar <rs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Albert,

You can find the design docs for the ongoing projects here:
https://github.com/apache/iceberg/projects

+1, for a centralized place to maintain the design docs (old and current
ones). Though, code base might not be the right place for the same.

Regards,
Rajarshi Sarkar