Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Bräutigam <da...@googlemail.com> on 2011/05/12 15:52:41 UTC

order of the unpacking from "unpack-dependencys"

Hello,,

i have the following strange problem with the "unpack-dependencys" in my
pom. What i want is to unpack the scripts i need in the deploy directory.
The problem is that i have multiple modules with the same scripts. Therefor
to have a correct result they must be overwritten in the right order.
Sadly "unpack-dependencys" does not care about the order in which i declare
the dependency's. But strangely the order remains always the same so there
must be a determining order.

Could me help somebody to understand and hopefully manipulate the unpack
order so that my project will be deployed correctly.

Regards

David

Re: order of the unpacking from "unpack-dependencys"

Posted by Michael Haefele <mi...@parityenergy.com>.
Or use maybe use both.
Put an <excludes> in for the unpack-dependencies mojo to exclude all
scripts and then use an <includes> in the unpack mojo for just the
scripts you actually want from the proper artifact.

Over-writing in the right order seems like the sort of thing that will
eventually come back to cause headaches down the road.
Better to just get the right file and none of the wrong ones.

Mike

Posted by "Asmann, Roland" <Ro...@adesso.at>.
Hi,

--
Roland Asmann
Senior Software Engineer

adesso Austria GmbH
Floridotower 26. Stock              T +43 1 2198790-27
Floridsdorfer Hauptstr. 1           F +43 1 2198790-927
A-1210 Wien                         M +43 664 88657566
                                    E roland.asmann@adesso.at
                                    W www.adesso.at

             >>> business. people. technology. <<<

RE: order of the unpacking from "unpack-dependencys"

Posted by EJ Ciramella <ec...@casenetinc.com>.
If you have multiple unpack steps, what are their ID's?

Or are you saying you have one unpack step with multiple artifacts given?

i have the following strange problem with the "unpack-dependencys" in my
pom. What i want is to unpack the scripts i need in the deploy directory.
The problem is that i have multiple modules with the same scripts. Therefor
to have a correct result they must be overwritten in the right order.
Sadly "unpack-dependencys" does not care about the order in which i declare
the dependency's. But strangely the order remains always the same so there
must be a determining order.

Could me help somebody to understand and hopefully manipulate the unpack
order so that my project will be deployed correctly.

Regards

David

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail and the information transmitted within including any attachments is only for the recipient(s) to which it is intended and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of; or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please send the e-mail back by replying to the sender and permanently delete the entire message and its attachments from all computers and network systems involved in its receipt.