Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2008/11/13 23:01:16 UTC

3.1-SNAPSHOT

Just a friendly nudge :-)

I noticed that OpenEJB trunk is still using 3.1-SNAPSHOT as the version
even though 3.1 was released a few weeks back.  Shouldn't this be
updated to avoid confusion?

On a related note, I also noticed that OpenEJB snapshots are still being
generated with unique timestamps.  This has been discouraged by infra
and many projects (Geronimo included) cut over to use non-unique
timestamps to help save space ... just something else to consider.

Joe

Re: 3.1-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Thank you David!

Joe

Re: 3.1-SNAPSHOT

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Re: 3.1-SNAPSHOT

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
More importantly in this case..... you have to specify the actual
parent pom.  The definition of ${version} or any such variable is
going to be in the parent pom you are trying to specify.

There has been a lot of discussion on the maven lists at various times
about whether there is some way to default the parent pom version but
I haven't been following it closely and don't know if there are any
workable proposals in the works.

Also AFAIK unless you define "version" explicitly as a property it
means the same as ${pom.version} and doesn't cause problems -- also
AFAIK using ${pom.version} doesn't cause problems.

thanks
david jencks

Re: 3.1-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Re: 3.1-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Re: 3.1-SNAPSHOT

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Re: 3.1-SNAPSHOT

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Re: 3.1-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Thank you Jacek!

Re: 3.1-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Re: 3.1-SNAPSHOT

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Nov 14, 2008, at 12:45 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> How do you change the Maven snapshot behavior to use unique or
> non-unique timestamps?

   <distributionManagement>
     <site>
       <id>openejb-website</id>
       <url>scp://people.apache.org/www/openejb.apache.org/openejb/
maven</url>
     </site>
     <snapshotRepository>
       <id>apache.snapshots</id>
       <name>Apache Development Snapshot Repository</name>
       <url>scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-
snapshot-repository</url>
       <uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>
     </snapshotRepository>
   </distributionManagement>

it's the uniqueVersion element... true means timestamps

thanks
david jencks

Re: 3.1-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.