Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/29 18:30:22 UTC

Wicketstuff@github: re-organize now or later?

Currently our wicketstuff repo at github is one gigantic repo
containing everything. I'd like to propose to split the repository
into two:

 - github.com/wicketstuff/wicketstuff         (containing just the core project)
 - github.com/wicketstuff/archive              (containing all the
side projects)

The idea is that wicketstuff core is already a huge project, and I'd
like to make the footprint contain just that, without the legacy
projects that surround the core.

I'd like to do this before folks start cloning away, so before we
announce the availability. But if anyone wants to wait that's fine
with me as well...

Anyone got ideas or a different opinion?

Martijn

Re: Wicketstuff@github: re-organize now or later?

Posted by Michael O'Cleirigh <mi...@rivulet.ca>.
There are a 11 commits that were done since 1.4.14.

They are contained in the test import (first one) which I have checked
out here.

I will try to cherry-pick them back and commit them into the core-1.4.x
branch.

I'll update the list when it is done.

Mike

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
mike, do you want to craft an announcement to user@ and explain the
new structure, etc. that way people will know we are good to go.

active committers can also start requesting push access. i have
created a "committers" team in our github org for them.

-igor

Posted by Michael O'Cleirigh <mi...@rivulet.ca>.
Hi Igor,

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael O'Cleirigh <mi...@rivulet.ca>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
+1

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
I agree.

Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com
-- sent from my "smart" phone, so please excuse spelling, formatting, or
compiler errors

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
true fact!

Martijn