Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Christian Fonden <ch...@die-rooter.de> on 2008/12/08 14:08:55 UTC

ODE/Tomcat Setup with java security manager enabled

Hello ODE users list,

I'm new to Apache ODE and Tomcat and just have set up ODE successfully under debian linux.

During the Setup process I encountered the following Exception Stack Trace when trying to access the ODE Url:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission

accessClassInPackage.org.apache.jasper.compiler)
 org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig.processWebDotXml(JspConfig.java:185)
 org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig.init(JspConfig.java:198)

Causing an HTTP 500 Error.

When turning off the Tomcat Security settings in the /etc/init.d/tomcat55 startup script
in
# Use the Java security manager? (yes/no)
 TOMCAT5_SECURITY=yes (changed to no later)

everything works fine. The axis2 start page is loading correctly when accessing the ODE url.

As turning off the TOMCAT5_SECURITY setting does not seem to be a very trustworthy solution, my question is:

How can I get ODE working without turning off that option in the tomcat settings.

greets
Chris

Re: ODE/Tomcat Setup with java security manager enabled

Posted by Christian Fonden <ch...@die-rooter.de>.
Ok, then I think I'm supposed to learn more about the tomcat sandbox before
investigating that feature. When I found out more and think it's worth the
work I'm going to tell you over the ode list.

Thanks for your help

chris

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.

RE: Catch error message

Posted by "Jackson, Douglas" <do...@siemens.com>.
Alex,
DOH!  I was still using BPEL 1.1 syntax.
Thanks for your time!
-Doug.

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Hi Douglas,