Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andrea Aime <aa...@libero.it> on 2003/02/10 22:43:11 UTC

Cannot build test with asserts

Hi everybody,
it seems that I'm unable to build unit tests that contain asserts
even if the "maven.test.source=1.4" is present in my
build.xml file. I'm running sun j2sdk 1.4.1 on linux mandrake 9.0.
The errors I get are like:

test:compile:
    [javac] Compiling 4 source files to
/home/wolf/progetti/geotools2/geotools-src/renderer/target/test-classes
    [javac] [ERROR]
/home/wolf/progetti/geotools2/geotools-src/renderer/tests/unit/org/geotools/renderer/array/PointArrayTest.java:101:
warning: as of release 1.4, assert is a keyword, and may not be used as an
identifier
    [javac] [ERROR]             assert (checkPoints=XArray.insert(toMerge,
lower, checkPoints, index, upper-lower)).length == 2*points.count();
    [javac] [ERROR]             ^

and so on... just like the source=1.4 is not passed to javac command line
(or anyway set for the in VM compiler found in tools.jar)
Any clues?
Best regards
Andrea Aime

Re: Cannot build test with asserts

Posted by Andrea Aime <aa...@libero.it>.
On Monday 10 February 2003 22:43, Andrea Aime wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> it seems that I'm unable to build unit tests that contain asserts
> even if the "maven.test.source=1.4" is present in my
> build.xml file. I'm running sun j2sdk 1.4.1 on linux mandrake 9.0.

Ouff... sorry for the typo, I'm sleeping. I wanted to say that the
mave.test.source=1.4 is present in my build.properties file.
Going to sleep now ;-)
Good night
Andrea Aime