Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> on 2000/12/21 13:49:01 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-velocity/test/templates/compareinterpolation.cmp

Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 12/20/2000 9:52 PM, "geirm@locus.apache.org" <ge...@locus.apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > +
> > +Now, non interpolated stringlits :
> > +
> > +
> > + False
>
> I don't think that the space in front of the False should be there.

It should be.  It is the rendering of the interpolated string "$code".
$code was set above, via

#set $code = "#if(false) True #else False #end"

and there is a space between '#else' and 'False'.

geir

Velocity : it's not just a good idea. It should be the law.
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-velocity/test/templates/compareinterpolation.cmp

Posted by jeff <jl...@houseofdistraction.com>.

"Geir Magnusson Jr." wrote:

> Jon Stevens wrote:
> >
> > on 12/20/2000 9:52 PM, "geirm@locus.apache.org" <ge...@locus.apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +
> > > +Now, non interpolated stringlits :
> > > +
> > > +
> > > + False
> >
> > I don't think that the space in front of the False should be there.
>
> It should be.  It is the rendering of the interpolated string "$code".
> $code was set above, via
>
> #set $code = "#if(false) True #else False #end"
>
> and there is a space between '#else' and 'False'.

So is there any straight-forward way to not have spaces there?  I can
only think of a clever way:
  #set $code = "#if(false)True#elseif(!false)False#end"