Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by edward choi <mp...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/12 11:34:39 UTC

Does Hbase automatically restore data when regionservers fail?

Hi,

I am using CDH3U0 Hadoop and Hbase.

I know that HDFS automatically replicates data to multiple data nodes so
that when a couple of data nodes fail, the user won't lose any data.
I am currently using replication factor of 3.

Now in Hbase, I know there is some experimental replication service, but I
am not using it. I thought that since HDFS already does replication, Hbase
wouldn't need additional replication.
Am I right on this?

So my question would be:
Given that I am using HDFS replication and not using Hbase replication, if a
couple of regionservers fail, am I still able to access all the data I have
stored before?

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks.

Ed

Re: Does Hbase automatically restore data when regionservers fail?

Posted by edward choi <mp...@gmail.com>.
Oh, my mistake on the last question. I was still confused about the concept
of Hbase replication service.
Scratch my last question.

Ed

Posted by edward choi <mp...@gmail.com>.