Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/11 20:07:33 UTC

Publish 0.99.0-SNAPSHOT to Apache snapshots

Jeffrey and I are looking at publishing an updated snapshot artifact to
facilitate Phoenix build/testing. I'm looking at the instructions here [0].
I've not done thing before, but it looks well documented.

Any objections? We'll pursue it later this afternoon.

-n

[0]: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#maven.snapshot

Re: Publish 0.99.0-SNAPSHOT to Apache snapshots

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
Snapshot pushed. I need to leave for meetup now, will try out downstreamer
tomorrow.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
Downstreamer tested with `mvn -U`, works correctly now. Sorry for the
confusion.

-n

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
Spinning one now.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:

> Is it in the published SNAPSHOT pom?

Yes, that appears to be the case. The snapshot I published did not
have HBASE-10601.

Re: Publish 0.99.0-SNAPSHOT to Apache snapshots

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 3:35 PM, Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is my analysis:
>
> MiniDFSCluster.java is in hadoop-minicluster module.
> If pom.xml points to hadoop 2.3, MiniDFSCluster.java would reference
> StorageType.java
> which was added on 2014-01-06.
> StorageType.java was not in hadoop 2.2 release, hence the exception.

Where is the 'analysis'?  How is hadoop 2.2. being picked up?  Why is '
org.apache.hbase:hbase-server:test-jar:tests:0.99.0-SNAPSHOT:test' picking
up 2.2?  Is it in the published SNAPSHOT pom?  If so, why?

St.Ack

Re: Publish 0.99.0-SNAPSHOT to Apache snapshots

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Here is my analysis:

MiniDFSCluster.java is in hadoop-minicluster module.
If pom.xml points to hadoop 2.3, MiniDFSCluster.java would reference
StorageType.java
which was added on 2014-01-06.
StorageType.java was not in hadoop 2.2 release, hence the exception.

Cheers

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.