Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Tilkov.Stefan" <St...@Bank-Verlag.de> on 2003/12/02 11:26:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Tracing content

I have searched and googled to no avail, maybe because it's hard to narrow down this question with the right search terms - can I somehow make Apache trace all of the HTTP traffic (not only the headers)?

The solution would preferably need to work for 1.3.x, but 2.x would also be OK.

Thanks for any help,
Stefan

Re: [users@httpd] Tracing content

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Tilkov.Stefan wrote:

> I have searched and googled to no avail, maybe because it's hard to
> narrow down this question with the right search terms - can I somehow
> make Apache trace all of the HTTP traffic (not only the headers)?
>
> The solution would preferably need to work for 1.3.x, but 2.x would also
> be OK.

I have no idea what you mean by "trace".

Do you mean you want to capture everything to a log file?  If so, you
can't do this with apache.  If you are adventerous, you could probably
write an output filter in apache 2 that could do it (like mod_logio, but
it writes to a log file instead of just counting).  But it seems the
better tool for this job is a simple network sniffer.

Joshua.