Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Ryan Blue <bl...@apache.org> on 2014/10/31 01:56:24 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Parquet Format (incubating) 2.2.0 RC2

Hi everyone,

I propose a vote to release parquet-format-2.2.0-rc2 as the official
Parquet Format 2.2.0 release.

The release candidate, signature, and checksums are available at:
   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/parquet/2.2.0-rc2/

The branch used to create the release candidate is:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-parquet-format.git;hb=release-2.2.0-rc2

KEYS to validate the signature are available at:
   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/parquet/KEYS

Please download, verify, and test.

The vote will close on Monday, 3 November.

[ ] +1: Release this tag as parquet-format-2.2.0
[ ] +0:
[ ] -1: This release is not ready because . . .

== More details ==

This will be the first release from the Parquet project. We are
releasing parquet-format first because the other projects (parquet-mr
and parquet-cpp) depend on it.

This release uses the pre-Apache maven coordinate
com.twitter:parquet-format and parquet.* package names. To make the
transition to org.apache naming as smooth as possible for downstream
projects, we are planning to release a com.twitter artifact immediately
followed by an org.apache artifact. These artifacts will be identical
except for naming changes:

* com.twitter:parquet-format => org.apache.parquet:parquet-format
* package parquet.* => package org.apache.parquet.*

There are three major changes included in this release:
* PARQUET-119: Add encoding stats to ColumnMetaData
* PARQUET-79: Streaming thrift API
* PARQUET-12: New logical types

rb

--
Ryan Blue

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Parquet Format (incubating) 2.2.0 RC2 - passed Podling vote

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@apache.org>.
This podling vote to release parquet-format 2.2.0 has passed, with 3 +1s
and no -1s.

The votes are:

+1:
   Julien LeDem
   Chris Aniszcyk
   Tom White

+0: (none)
-1: (none)

The next step is to call a vote on the IPMC list,
general@incubator.apache.org, which should go out shortly.

Thanks for voting!

rb

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Parquet Format (incubating) 2.2.0 RC2

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Signature and checksums are good, source tag corresponds to the
contents of the tarball, RAT report is good, there are no binary files
in the tarball, the LICENSE and NOTICE look correct.

I noticed that the README has a license section that should be removed.

Thanks,
Tom

Posted by Chris Aniszczyk <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1

checks out, tests pass, notices are there

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk
http://aniszczyk.org
+1 512 961 6719

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Parquet Format (incubating) 2.2.0 RC2

Posted by Julien Le Dem <ju...@ledem.net>.
+1