Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Michael Hartmann <mh...@eyeloop.net> on 2005/07/29 14:30:04 UTC

Dynamic switching of Renderers and decorating existing renderers

Hi all,

I have to problems I am wrestling with and therefore wonder whether you
could offer me and inside into myFaces impl.

1. problem of the day :0)

I trying to figure whether it is possible somehow to switch a components
renderer dynamically based on for instance a bean property.

The tricky part is that I want to do this without changing the components
implementation in any way.

I can seem to find any apparent way of doing this when reading through the
JSF specs. Is only possible to decorate the viewhandler and returning a
different render-kit-id but that doesn't offer the greatest of flexibility.

2. problem

Is there any way of decoration and existing renderer?

Hope you have some insiders waiting to get out.:0)

Kind Regards,

Michael Hartmann

Email: mh AT eyeloop DOT net