Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2008/01/17 00:47:14 UTC

[DISCUSS] JDO 2.1 release

Hi,

I think we're about ready for a release. Please review the proposed
task list [1] and change list [2] and JIRA issues [3] for JDO 2.1.
There are still a few minor cleanup issues and two major issues: Derby
returns the wrong answer on projections of variables; and subqueries
are not yet supported.

There is a fair bit of mechanically routine stuff that needs to be
done for a release, that can take a few weeks.

Are we all happy with the functionality of the current JDO 2.1?

Please discuss.

Craig

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/CurrentDevelopment
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/ChangeLog
[3] http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=10630&fixfor=12310923

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: [DISCUSS] JDO 2.1 release

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
As I was editing the Change Log for the final vote, I noticed one
minor anomaly.

We have a new method in PersistenceManager and DataStoreCache
evictAll(Class cls, boolean subclasses). This pattern would make it
awkward to add a method evictAll(Class... classes, boolean subclasses)
if we decide it's valuable.

Would it make sense to change the signature to evictAll(boolean
subclasses, Class cls) now to avoid the issue later? It's a trivial
change now but a deprecation issue later.

Craig

Re: [DISCUSS] JDO 2.1 release

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@jpox.org>.
> There is a fair bit of mechanically routine stuff that needs to be
> done for a release, that can take a few weeks.

That should give someone time to implement subqueries :-)

> Are we all happy with the functionality of the current JDO 2.1?

Yes, very happy!
Looking forward to seeing the announcement, and to starting on JDO2.2.

--
Andy  (Java Persistent Objects - http://www.jpox.org)