Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2007/11/29 00:28:49 UTC

[VOTE] 10.3.2.1 release candidate

Please test and vote on the 10.3.2.1 release candidate, available at:

 http://people.apache.org/~kmarsden/derby10.3.2.1.599110/

You can report platform testing results at:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenThreeTwoPlatformTesting

Other testing results can be reported at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenThreeTwoRelease

Polls will close Friday, December 7, 2007 5:00pm PST.

Thanks

Kathey

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.2.1 release candidate

Posted by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net>.
I tested out the release candidate against ibm15 on windows.  This
candidate has a number of bug fixes that I believe will help those
users using derby 10.3.

+1

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
+1

[VOTE] [RESULTS] 10.3.2.1 release candidate

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Please test and vote on the 10.3.2.1 release candidate, available at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~kmarsden/derby10.3.2.1.599110/

The following votes were cast:

+1
Mamta Satoor (PMC)
Kathey Marsden (PMC)
Ole Solberg
John Embretsen
Rick Hillegas (PMC)
Mike Matrigali (PMC)
Myrna Van Lunteren (PMC)
Henri van de Scheur
Army Brown (PMC)

There were no other votes cast, so this release candidate passes the
vote and I will post it as the current release.  Thanks to all who
contributed to and tested the release.

Posted by John Embretsen <Jo...@Sun.COM>.
Manjula Kutty wrote:
> Based on the SVT and platform tests results on AIX, Z/OS and Windows.
> Results can be found at
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenThreeTwoPlatformTesting

Quick question:
What exactly is SVT an abbreviation for in this context?

Out of curiosity: The wiki says "SVT, MailJdbc". Does that mean that the
MailJdbc test is considered (an) SVT, or is SVT something else?

thanks,

--
John

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.2.1 release candidate

Posted by Manjula Kutty <ma...@gmail.com>.
Based on the SVT and platform tests results on AIX, Z/OS and Windows.
Results can be found at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenThreeTwoPlatformTesting

+1,

-Manjula

On 11/28/07, Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Please test and vote on the 10.3.2.1 release candidate, available at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~kmarsden/derby10.3.2.1.599110/
>
> You can report platform testing results at:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenThreeTwoPlatformTesting
>
> Other testing results can be reported at
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenThreeTwoRelease
>
> Polls will close Friday, December 7, 2007 5:00pm PST.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kathey

Manjula.

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.2.1 release candidate

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
+ 1 based on my tests using Java 5 on Mac OS X, and on the accumulating
good results on the wiki.

Regards,
-Rick

Posted by Ole Solberg <Ol...@Sun.COM>.
+1 Based on own tests in
http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/10.3.2.1_RC/TestReport.html (and all
results in http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenThreeTwoPlatformTesting).

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.2.1 release candidate

Posted by Army <qo...@gmail.com>.
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> Any reason for the no security manager, e.g. were there errors when
> running with the default security manager?

Good question.  If I recall correctly, the first time I tried to run
ODBC with a security manager (a long while back), the security manager
work was in its early stages.  The tests didn't run so I disabled the
security manager and went on my merry way (unfortunately, I don't have
the specifics on what "didn't run" means).  I have not since stopped to
try it again.

I would try it now, but machine on which I run those tests had a fan
failure earlier this week; I sent it in for repairs and will not get it
back for another 3-5 business days...

Army

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.2.1 release candidate

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.
Army wrote:
> Kathey Marsden wrote:
>> Please test and vote on the 10.3.2.1 release candidate, available at:
>> http://people.apache.org/~kmarsden/derby10.3.2.1.599110/
>
> I ran a series of ODBC client tests using DB2 Runtime Client (v8)
> against a Derby 10.3.2.1 server (no security manager,
> requireAuthentication=true) and things look good from what I can tell.

Any reason for the no security manager, e.g. were there errors when
running with the default security manager?

Dan.

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.2.1 release candidate

Posted by Army <qo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henri van de Scheur <He...@Sun.COM>.
+1
See http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenThreePlatformTesting for testing
done.

Henri

Posted by John Embretsen <Jo...@Sun.COM>.
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Please test and vote on the 10.3.2.1 release candidate, available at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~kmarsden/derby10.3.2.1.599110/

+1, based on the testing reported on the wiki + some ad-hoc manual demo and docs
inspection.

--
John

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.2.1 release candidate

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.
I did some ad-hoc testing on the release candidate using Sun's jdk142
on Windows XP and didn't find any issues. +1 from me to go ahead with
the release candidate.

Mamta