Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ken Sandney <bl...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/24 06:22:16 UTC

PHP client time-out test package, still stuck in the time-out issue

Hi,

The attachment is a package for testing time-outs. In my situation I have 4
nodes cluster with latest 0.6.1. I am doing this test in command line and
only for 1 thread. With php thrift_protocol enabled it seems more chances to
get time-out and sometimes crashed with this error:

...terminate called after throwing an instance of 'PHPExceptionWrapper'
>   what():  PHP exception zval=0x10075508
> Aborted

Without the extension and with this patch on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-347 ,  the test result seems
better but still got time-outs

To do the test, just unpack the package and run

$php test.php

all exception and time-outs will be written to log.txt. Before test starts,
you have to modify test.php for Cassandra connection settings.

I am new to Cassandra and have some RDBMS background. Remind me/correct me
if I missed something/have made any mistakes.

Thank you