Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ma...@Clarica.com on 2001/10/05 00:18:45 UTC

building mod_jk for apache 1.3 on AIX 4.3.3

I am attempting to use the build-unix.sh included with tomcat 3.3 release
to call the apxs command and build the mod_jk module.
I receive the following error:

apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=16711680

I modified the build-unix.sh file as indicated below, but I don't have a
directory named aix under /include, so I omitted it.

# if "find" fails, use (uncomment) the following instead, substituting your
# platform for "linux"
# JAVA_INCLUDE="-I ${JAVA_HOME}/include -I ${JAVA_HOME}/include/linux"
JAVA_INCLUDE="-I ${JAVA_HOME}/include"

IBM's AIX jdk 1.2.2 documentation makes no mention of such a directory.

Does anyone know what the above error code means or why the apxs script
isn't working for me?

thanks in advance,

Matt