Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sean Kroah <se...@wirex.com> on 2001/02/03 00:21:03 UTC

Tomcat & Jikes got it working, thanks.

So my setup was wrong no rt.jar in mah classpath. Oh well. As it's been
summarized here before...

I am using 3.2.4 so YMMV.

To get Jikes to run with Tomcat, keep in mind that your not allowed to
distribute the javac compiler with your applications. Or so I was told
by my manager.

uncomment the following line:

Line:52? sw.addInitParam("jspCompilerPlugin",
"org.apache.jasper.compiler.JikesJavaCompiler");

in org.apache.tomcat.context.WebXmlReader.java

Rebuild webserver.jar with your new file. WebXmlReader defines a bunch
of inner classes and you don't really need to build with them ... but I
did as it was less typing.

jar ufv webserver.jar org.apache.tomcat.context.*.class

Now make sure rt.jar is in your classpath or you'll get some odd errors
about not being able to find
/lang /util etc. I've seen that people have gotten them previously in
the list. You'd expect those errors as you have no runtime..heh.

You can alter your tomcat.sh or tomcat.bat file to set all of this up
correctly.

Put webserver.jar over your old one.

Note: the entry in web.xml that references jikes is not read. I left it
commented out and jikes is
still being used. I would'nt call it fast but I guess it's legal for us
now.

Good luck,

SKroah