Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by ke va <va...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/29 11:19:59 UTC

replacing ICUTransService.cpp in Xerces 2.6.0

Hi All,

I am writing an enterprise application that uses xerces 2.5.0 and runs on
Solaris platform. I am facing one problem while deleting the node from the
xml file. e.g. following is the xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
<USNTREE>
<student>
<name>xyz</name>
<surname>abc</surname>
</student>
</USNTREE>

When I delete the child node <student> then my xml file changes to

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
<USNTREE>

</USNTREE>
<name>xyz</name>
<surname>abc</surname>
</student>
</USNTREE>

This problem is not reproducible with xerces 2.6.0. So I want to upgrade to
xerces 2.6.0.
Note that I have used ICUTransService.cpp (v1.18) in my xerces2.5.0 copy. (
because I encountered same issue faced by one of the mailing list subscriber
related to XMLString::transcode function and solution stated was to replace
v1.18 file)
My question here is, can I replace ICUTransService.cpp file from xerces
2.6.0 with the ICUTransService.cpp (v1.18)?
Is it safe to make use of xerces 2.7.0 over xerces 2.6.0 with
ICUTransService.cpp(v1.18) file replaced?

Regards,
Kedar

Re: replacing ICUTransService.cpp in Xerces 2.6.0

Posted by ke va <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alberto,
Thanks for the information.
But I am confused because of Release Info on xerces site
Current Status
Xerces-C++ 2.6.0 - released on September 29, 2004.

I would like to know whether the Xerces-C++ 2.7.0 release is in Beta stage
or not?

Regards,
Kedar

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.