Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Danny Morgan <dm...@corpmedia.com> on 2002/09/30 20:58:20 UTC

SSL Configuration for Form-Based Auth.

First this is what I have installed:

Redhat Linux v7.3
w/
apache-1.3.23-14
mod_ssl-2.8.7-6
Sun's Java jdk-1.4.1
Jakarta tomcat-4.1.12
mod_jk2

I currently have the web-app up and running just fine, however I'm
running into a few problems with form-based auth using SSL.  Apache is
configured to handle the SSL connections from users, it works fine under
with "NONE" in <transport-guarantee> (http) but errors out with
"CONFIDENTIAL" in <transport-guarantee> (https) with "Redirection limit
for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page".

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks,
Danny

Here is part of my web.xml

<security-constraint>
  <display-name>Server Configuration Security Constraint</display-name>
  <web-resource-collection>
    <web-resource-name>Protected Area</web-resource-name>
    <url-pattern>/admin/*</url-pattern>
  </web-resource-collection>
  <auth-constraint>
    <role-name>admin</role-name>
  </auth-constraint>
  <user-data-constraint>
  </user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>

<login-config>
  <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
  <realm-name>Server Configuration Form-Based Authentication
Area</realm-name>
  <form-login-config>
    <form-login-page>/login.jsp</form-login-page>
    <form-error-page>/error.jsp</form-error-page>
  </form-login-config>
</login-config>

<security-role>
  <role-name>admin</role-name>