Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by James Dodson <ji...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/30 12:47:00 UTC

Ignite Service Grid

I am seeking some guidance about Ignite Service Grid.

We have a cluster of standalone Ignite data nodes. Connecting to the data
nodes, we have several Spring Boot applications each launching an Ignite
client node.

One of the Spring Boot applications creates Continuous Queries in Ignite.
These queries are invoked when certain Ignite caches are updated. This
appears to be working well.

Now we would like to implement some Ignite services - but not sure how to
proceed. We want to be able to invoke the services from any of the Spring
Boot client nodes, and from the continuous queries. We have tried having
one of the Spring Boot apps start an Ignite service node in addition to its
Ignite client node, but we get errors - but we're not sure that's the right
way to do it anyway.

We've been trying to follow this code in github (
https://github.com/dmagda/MicroServicesExample) but it doesn't really apply
to our case.

If you could point me to some realistic examples, that would be very
helpful.

Thanks!

Re: Ignite Service Grid

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.domain.ignite.NodeFilter

What's up with this class? Is it available on service node? On other nodes?
Is version the same?

Ilya Kasnacheev

Re: Ignite Service Grid

Posted by luqmanahmad <lu...@gmail.com>.
James, this can be resolved by either putting all the classes which are
required by your Service in the lib folder of ignite or enable peer class

[1]  peer-class-loading
<https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/zero-deployment#peer-class-loading>

Re: Ignite Service Grid

Posted by James Dodson <ji...@gmail.com>.
If it helps, here are parts of the stacktrace sequence we get when trying
to start a service node:

Caused by: org.apache.ignite.IgniteCheckedException: Failed to deploy
provided services.
Caused by: org.apache.ignite.services.ServiceDeploymentException: Failed to
deploy provided services.

Re: Ignite Service Grid

Posted by James Dodson <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ignite Service Grid