Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Norbert Dreisiebner <no...@hms.org> on 2007/09/06 16:16:12 UTC

session management with ejb 3.0

Dear guys,

I’ve got the following problem with Apache Jackrabbit JCA (1.3.1) and container managed transactions (on EJB3.0/JBoss AS 4.2.1):
When using a single JCR session across multiple transactions, I get the following exception:

2007-09-06 16:02:31,218 FATAL [javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.application] javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: Inactive logical session handle called
javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: Inactive logical session handle called
	at javax.faces.component.MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter.invoke(MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter.java:91)
	at com.sun.faces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:91)

When creating the session for every transaction, everything works fine. Because this solution would require frequent re-logins, I would prefer the first approach.

So is it possible to use a single session across multiple transactions, or do I have to create a session within every transaction?

Best regards,
Norbert Dreisiebner

Checked by AVG Free Edition.