Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com> on 2004/09/17 12:56:37 UTC

JSF CarStore Sample

Hi all,

I'm working on Cocoon Faces (JSF) block... JSF comes with couple of
demos, one of them is "carstore", and I got it working under Cocoon
Faces with minor changes. It bears usual Sun license with nuclear clause:

<!--
  Copyright 2004 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

  Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or
  without modification, are permitted provided that the following
  conditions are met:

  - Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

  - Redistribution in binary form must reproduce the above
    copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following
    disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials
    provided with the distribution.

  Neither the name of Sun Microsystems, Inc. or the names of
  contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
  from this software without specific prior written permission.

  This software is provided "AS IS," without a warranty of any
  kind. ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND
  WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY,
  FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE HEREBY
  EXCLUDED. SUN AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY
  DAMAGES OR LIABILITIES SUFFERED BY LICENSEE AS A RESULT OF OR
  RELATING TO USE, MODIFICATION OR DISTRIBUTION OF THIS SOFTWARE OR
  ITS DERIVATIVES. IN NO EVENT WILL SUN OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE
  FOR ANY LOST REVENUE, PROFIT OR DATA, OR FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT,
  SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWEVER
  CAUSED AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF
  THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF SUN HAS
  BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

  You acknowledge that this software is not designed, licensed or
  intended for use in the design, construction, operation or
  maintenance of any nuclear facility.
-->

Just want to confirm, we can not add this carstore sample to the
Cocoon's Faces block, right? Or we do have some option here?

Vadim

Re: JSF CarStore Sample

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Steven Noels wrote:
>
>> On 17 Sep 2004, at 12:56, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>
>>>  You acknowledge that this software is not designed, licensed or
>>>  intended for use in the design, construction, operation or
>>>  maintenance of any nuclear facility.
>>> -->
>>>
>>> Just want to confirm, we can not add this carstore sample to the
>>> Cocoon's Faces block, right? Or we do have some option here?
>>

>> This is just BSD-style-with-required-credits with the nuclear thing
>> added. I wouldn't be bothered too much with it - it's at the
>> discretion of the nuclear end-user to acknowledge the fact that this
>> demo is going to melt his core.
>

> I would ask licensing@ first, though.

Can somebody please drop them a note? I'm behind one of those stupid
firewalls :-/

Vadim

Re: JSF CarStore Sample

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

--
Stefano.

Re: JSF CarStore Sample

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 17 sept. 04, à 13:15, Steven Noels a écrit :

> ...This is just BSD-style-with-required-credits with the nuclear thing
> added. I wouldn't be bothered too much with it - it's at the
> discretion of the nuclear end-user to acknowledge the fact that this
> demo is going to melt his core.

IMHO it would be good then to add this license to the legal subdir, so
that people find all the licensing info in one place.

-Bertrand

Re: JSF CarStore Sample

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Steven Noels wrote:
> This is just BSD-style-with-required-credits with the nuclear thing
> added. I wouldn't be bothered too much with it - it's at the discretion
> of the nuclear end-user to acknowledge the fact that this demo is going
> to melt his core.

The core of his nuclear-powered car, you mean? ;-)

	Ugo

Re: JSF CarStore Sample

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 17 Sep 2004, at 12:56, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>  You acknowledge that this software is not designed, licensed or
>  intended for use in the design, construction, operation or
>  maintenance of any nuclear facility.
> -->
>
> Just want to confirm, we can not add this carstore sample to the
> Cocoon's Faces block, right? Or we do have some option here?

This is just BSD-style-with-required-credits with the nuclear thing
added. I wouldn't be bothered too much with it - it's at the discretion
of the nuclear end-user to acknowledge the fact that this demo is going
to melt his core.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org